IMPORTANT MICROSOFT NEWS
July 15th, 2015
Things are REALLY changing for Microsoft and we advise being informed on where Microsoft is taking Windows. Besides Windows Server 2003/R2 now End of Support as of July 14th and the release date of Windows 10 will be July 29th, Microsoft has announced product changes to new, renewing, and active Enterprise Agreements, effective August 1st, 2015. These changes are a result of the continued effort to update your Microsoft Volume Licensing Agreements for a ‘cloud-first, mobile-first world.’ Here is an outline of the details of the changes below:
Enterprise CAL Suite Changes – Product Additions and Removal from the E-CAL
- Product Addition - Advanced Threat Analytics (ATA): helps IT security professionals identify security breaches and threats, using behavioral analysis and machine learning to provide clear, actionable information.
- Advanced Threat Analytics (ATA) will be included in the Enterprise CAL Suite, Enterprise Mobility Suite, and Enterprise Cloud Suite
- The ATA capabilities will be available to all existing, new and renewing customers effective August 1st.
- Product Removed from Enterprise CAL (E-CAL)
- System Center Client Management Suite will no longer be included in the suites.
- Windows OS Software Assurance (SA) will now include the Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP).
- Effective August 1st , the Enterprise Cloud Suite (ECS) will include the Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP).
- Bridge Client Access Licenses (CAL) will only be sold as a subscription and on a per user basis.
- If you have already committed to Windows SA with MDOP, the Software Assurance only renewal cost will not change.
- Customers who are renewing software assurance on the OS and currently have MDOP, pricing will not change.
- User Client Access Licenses prices will increase by 13%.
- Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS) will also be increasing.
If you are interested in taking advantage of these new changes, or are unsure how this will affect your environment and future technology road-map, contact our experts. We can help you navigate the licensing and optimize your current and future IT environment.
The ASON TEAM