Technical Support Representative
This position handles a combination of Help Desk and active in sales opportunities. Will have an emphasis on technical support within the Service Department. Has a primary role of handling front line communications for the Help Desk and directing efforts in supporting customers toward satisfaction. A secondary role of providing proactive efforts in acquiring sales as time permits. Must possess certain skill sets, experience and education to perform entry level duties with intentional and continued training. Basic knowledge levels are understanding of LAN/WAN environments and a working application of CPE (Customer Premise Equipment) in Voice and Data technologies. Must be able to effectively manage customers, contacts outside the company, and all levels of the organization. Must be personable, flexible, open-minded, approachable, and able to work with a variety of personalities, remaining calm and professional at all times.
- Ideal candidate will have at some experience in the following:
- Ability to diagnose and fix hardware and software issues for both desktops and servers
- Experience installing and troubleshooting problems on, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Win2003/2008 Server, Win2012 Server, Active Directory, Exchange.
- End-User and Help Desk experience using common desktop applications.
- Experience in troubleshooting network related issues that can be related to network infrastructure such as switches and routers.
- Configuration of TCP/IP settings on network and troubleshooting TCP/IP issues.
- Certifications such as A+, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP, CNE, CCNA are a plus, but not required.
- Candidate must live within a 30 minute commute of the York, PA area. Candidates outside this radius must be willing to relocate prior to commencing employment.